Edward Harrison gave money in England towards supplies for the Plantations in Virginia.
Henry Harrison of Surry Co. VA, uncle of Benjamin Harrison of Berkeley (the testator), was appointed to the Council in 1730. He died in 1732, leaving his estate to his nephew, Benjamin Harrison.
William Harrison mentioned in 1752 in the Vestry Book of Newport Parish, Isle of Wight Co. VA. [other names in book are: Bell, Scotts, Jordan, Dering, Ward, etc. and James Shirley and Elizabeth Shirley].
From an old family Bible of the Smiths of "Shooter Hill", Middlesex Co. VA, it appears Elizabeth, daughter of John Smith of "Puritan" Gloucester Co. VA and his wife, Mary Warner, was born May 26, 1690 and married April 1, 1708 to Henry Harrison.
There is recorded in Prince George Co. VA a deed dated 1738 from Francis Willis and Elizabeth, his wife, and Benjamin Harrison, exectux and ex'tors of Henry Harrison.
Elizabeth Harrison married Peyton Randolph, President of the First Continental Congress.
Benjamin Harrison's will mentions "Shirley Road" runs to the Ford on Kimadges Creek
From Tidewater VA Families May 1996 page 33-35
Andrew Harrison m. Thomasin _____ lived Rappahannock Co. VA in the part that became Richmond Co. They were of Farnham Parish, Richmond Co. in 1686 when he died. His sons were:
1. Andrew d. 1718 St. Marys Parish, Essex Co. VA. Married Eleanor_____ (in 1720 part of Spotsylvania Co. was formed from Essex Co.)
2. Robert, lived Richmond and Westmoreland Co. VA [Richard Shirley of 1669 St Stephens Parish, Northumberland Co. VA sold land to Robert Harrison in 1715. Also, George Eskridge received a certificate for the transportation of a Robert Harrison in 1704/05 and Archibald Shirsly and Jane Shirley].
3. John, lived Stafford Co. VA
4. Thomas born Farnham Parish, Richmond Co. VA, lived Stafford Co. VA
5. Wm. born Farnham Parish, Richmond Co. VA, llived Stafford Co. VA ________________________
In 1643 Mrs. Harmer in right of Mr. Charles Harmer for transportation of John Harrison and John Searley.
All Rights Reserved