Shirley Association

Shirley Coat of ArmsShirley Association Forum

Post your Shirley Family queries on this message board. No registration required. Hint: If your message is rejected as spam, try changing the message slightly and re-posting it. 
benjamin Shirley Fla National Cemetery Memorial Marker
Posted by: rea430 ()
Date: September 13, 2007 11:37AM

Guess we can all relax in knowing that Benjamin Shirley was not dug up and moved as we all thought!

John called me back this morning Sept 12 2007 after inquiring about the burial of Benjamin Shirley showing up on the Ancestry.com web site,
This is what John of the Fla National Cemetery told me via phone call this morning.

That Conrad Shirley paid for a memorial marker for Benjamin Shirley at the Florida National Cemetery, and that its only a Marker to honor him.
Name: Benjamin Shirley
Birth Date: 3 Mar 1762
Death Date: 3 Mar 1824
Service Start Date: 27 Jan 1777
Service End Date: 23 Jun 1783
Interment Date: 16 Feb 1994
Cemetery: Florida National Cemetery
Cemetery Address: 6502 SW. 102nd Ave. Bushnell, FL 33513
Buried At: Section Mb Site 109

Benjamin Shirley is Not buried in the Florida National Cemetery!
Never was and never will be!!

this answers a lot of questions for me, but anyone searching the internet would never know that he is not buried their from looking at the listing in ancestry.com so I am going to post this on some of the lists that I post to and in the shirley message boards too. So no one has to search to find he is not in Fla!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
benjamin Shirley Fla National Cemetery Memorial Marker 2069 rea430 09/13/2007 11:37AM
Re: benjamin Shirley Fla National Cemetery Memorial Marker 1013 Scott Shirley 02/13/2008 08:33PM
Re: benjamin Shirley Fla National Cemetery Memorial Marker 861 Nancy Tweedie 11/14/2008 10:07PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This forum powered by Phorum.